Frequently Asked Questions about ilaaka.com
- 1. What is ilaaka.com?
- ilaaka.com is India's first locality portal. It is a portal committed to helping Indians have a better real-life experience in the city and locality they live in.
Our mission at ilaaka.com is to provide you with all the tools you need for remaining networked within your city and locality.
We hope that this endeavour will bring like-minded Indians together and make India a more vibrant and fun place to live in.
- 2. What is the charge for this service?
- It's all free! There is no charge for any of our services.
- 3. Who submits all the info?
- The idea is to get people like YOU to post all content :) Once you create a login for yourself, you can create clubs, add event details, write a blog, add a recommendation, submit a classified ad, or anything else you have in mind. The more you contribute, the more it motivates others to do so, and the more it helps you in return!
- 4. OK - now what are these "coffee clubs"?
- Coffee clubs are a simple way of allowing like-minded people to meet and share ideas on a particular interest.
We want these clubs to actually meet face-to-face on a regular basis, and not just post messages online. Thats why the features of the club focus on organising physical meetings.
- Once your club is created, you can:
1. invite friends to join
2. allow other interested people on ilaaka.com to join
3. decide when and where to meet, and what to discuss
4. post articles pertaining to your meetings for other members to read
2. ask questons on the forum and get replies and suggestions
3. post event details for when the group will physically meet
- 4. create a poll for other members to take
- 5. upload pictures of your club meetings
.. and many more fun options!
Example coffee clubs are: "Pune Trekker's Coffee Club", "New Delhi Web Designer's Coffee Club", "Mumbai Cleanliness Drive Coffee Club", "Bangalore Java Study Coffee Club", "Ahmedabad Librarians Coffee Club".. and other many possibilities.
- 5. Once I create a coffee club, how do I go about building my community?
- Creating your coffee club itself is a big enough step to creating your community! Once you have filled in the club questionnaire and created your club, other users at ilaaka.com can see it in their city listings. They can then join your group and get in touch with you to discuss your interests further.
The other step you can take to building your community is to send out invitations to your friends using the "invite friends" link in the club menu.
- 6. Finally, what are these "points" I keep getting when I post any content?
- "Points" are ilaaka's way of rewarding users who contribute to ilaaka. Based on your total points, you become eligible for freebies that ilaaka will send out from time to time. Example of a freebie is "Free movie tickets for 2 for all ilaaka members in Pune having over 300 points".
The reward system is under development, but when it launches, it will apply to all existing points you have collected so far.
So keep contributing, and keepgetting rewarded :)
- 7. Cool! So how do I get i touch with you guys who run ilaaka.com?
- We would love to hear from you.
Feel free to send us your comments or enquiries using the feedback page.
- Concept, Design, Execution : Rajesh Moorjani
Graphic Design: Vikrant Bhosle
Logo & Icons: Preeti Rathi
Data Administration: Deep Renuse